Pristine 6 200 Ha Game Farm in the Waterberg biosphere
This breathtaking 6200 ha game farm is situated approximately 265 kilometers from Pretoria between Vaalwater and Ellisras/Lephalale and offers more than meets the eye.The Waterberg is a mountainous massif of approximately 14,500 square kilometers in north Limpopo Province. The average height of the mountain range is 600m with a few peaks rising up to 1 400 m above sea level. The ecosystem can be characterised as a dry deciduous forest or Bushveld. The topography of the farm can be described as “rolling or irregular plains with low mountains” and “low to high mountainous area”. There is an elevation difference of 295 meters from the highest to the lowest point on the farm.The soil is sandy loam on the largest portion of the farm.The grazing is a combination of sweet and sour mixed grass types and the grazing is in a good condition with no signs of overgrazing. The property consists of two title deeds but is being operated as one large unit and is completely game fenced with 2.4 m fencing.There are various summer streams and a river than flows trough the farm with more than 12 kilometers of river frontage and 140 kilometers of roads to allow you to enjoy most of this game farm.There are seven different game species on the farm apart from small and free roaming game like leopard, brown hyena, klipspringer etc.The owners have built a modern new lodge with high quality finishes overlooking one of the summer streams. There is a large hunting lodge that can sleep twenty people on another section of the farm as well as various outbuildings plus another four bedroom revamped farm house.Large farms like this does not enter the market that often and it offers everything from mountains, rivers, gorges plateaus to flat bushveld with abundant bird life and trees.
- A spacious and comfortable farmhouse on a narrow platform overlooking a waterhole. The dwelling offers good quality finishes, a contemporary design and is well maintained. Accommodation: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a loft, a study, a kitchen, a living room and a Veranda. The dwelling is constructed from natural stone, brick, plastered and painted walls under a pitched corrugated iron roof. The floors are screed covered and the window and doors frames are from aluminium fitted with flare glass panes. In addition, the dwelling has a special ventilation design.
- Farmhouse constructed from natural stone and brick with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a lounge, a family room with a fireplace, an open plan kitchen / dining area and a semi covered veranda with an enclosed braai boma. In addition, the dwelling offers a solar powered geyser.
- A two unit cottage is situated adjacent to the farmhouse the cottage offers two rooms with a single room, a bathroom and a small storeroom.
- The lodge can accommodate 20 people and the attached cottage 4 to 6 people.The lodge also offers, shade-net carports for 8 vehicles; covered walkways; a covered and open patio and a swimming pool.
- Slaughter facilities with meat processing room and undercover parking
- Large storage shed of 340 m2
- Three neat workers houses with bathrooms, escom power and kitchen
- Four equipped boreholes with more than enough water plus 12 kilometers of river
Wildlife & Vegetation
The following game is included and estimated numbers are shown:
50 Blue Wildebeest
Various free roaming game can be frequently spotted including Baboon, Black-backed Jackal, Brown hyena, Bushbuck, Bushpig, Common Duiker, Klipspringer, Leopard, Steenbok and Warthog , etc.
Tree life is absolutely stunning with some of the following trees: Brandy Bush (Rosyntjiebos), Buffalo Thorn (Blinkblaar-wag-\'n-bietjie), Common hook-thorn (Gewone haakdoring), Common Wild Fig (Gewone Wildevye), Kudu Berry (Koedoebessie), Large-Fruited Bushwillow (Raasblaar), Lavender Tree (Laventelboom), Marula (Maroela), Monkey Orange (Doringklapper), Mountain Karee (Bergkaree), Mountain Seringa (Bergsering), Paperbark false-thorn (Papierbasvalsdoring), Red Bushwillow (Rooibos), Red Ivorywood (Rooi-Ivoor), Rock Wild Fig (Rotsvy), Silver Cluster-Leaf (Vaalboom), Tamboti (tambotie), Velvet Bushwillow (Fluweelboswilg), Weeping Boer-Bean (huilboerboon), White Karee (Rosyntjiebos), White Seringa (witsering), Wild Seringa (wildesering) and Wild Silver Oak (Vaalbos) .
There are no land claims registered against this property nor any rural areas nearby.
R 60 000 000
Excluding VAT if applicable
Enquire about this farm
Contact Peet Venter
Or fill out form below