Gorgeous 606 HA Game Farm in the Breede Valley, Western Cape NEW LISTING
This magnificent, stunningly gorgeous home is located on 606 HA of a private game reserve at the center of the Cape Winelands. This brilliant property offers a definitive retreat for purchasers looking for a private, calm, and safe environment with striking mountain scenery. This property is the epitome of untainted Africa, with boundless areas and the best native fauna and flora throughout the year. From within the reserve, one is met with a spectacular nature experience with plentiful game including; eland, kudu, springbok, red hartebeest, and zebra, visible from all along the 2.9-kilometer paved driveway to the main home. After entering the comfort of the home’s gardens you are met with an abundance of Acacia and Fever trees. The walls have been made of rock obtained from a nearby quarry and make a noteworthy architectural statement with ponds and water features guiding your way to the entrance. All gardens are watered with an automated irrigation system. Once inside, one is nearly overwhelmed by the scale and magnificence of the home’s plan. The rooms are luxurious and extensive, yet intimate and comfortable with different living rooms in which to enjoy the unique north-facing views of the mountains and the ‘Serengeti fields’. Two hectares of savannah game grazing area has pop up irrigation sprinklers. There are six security cameras and exterior lighting with Thermal Imaging Cameras on the Solar Farm which are monitored by an off-site security company. There is a full-time farm manager on-site and the home is 10 Kilometers from a private airfield with a 1.6 Kilometer runway. The farm is fully fenced with game fencing. There is also an adjacent 57 hectare farm with grapes, fruit, cottages and a managers house that can be acquired at R 14 000 000 should you require to diversify the game farm with a small wine farm. The transaction can be done as a sale of shares or a normal transfer out of the existing company depending on the buyer’s preference. Please note that no viewing will be arranged before proof of funds is provided.
- The main house consists of an entrance hall with a solid oak staircase leading to the upper level and the guest toilet. There is a guest lounge and dining area, a fully equipped entertainment kitchen with marble tops, a dining area and a small sitting area, a working kitchen also equipped with a walk in cooler, separate scullery, pantry room, crockery room, linen room, and a laundry room in the East wing.
- The East wing of the main house also includes a main bedroom with a dressing room, a dumb waiter, a large en-suite bathroom with bath and shower, double vanity counters, underfloor heating, as well as a safe in the separate walk-in room. There is also a study, an IT and luggage room, an elevator, and a star gazing deck with a telescope.
- The main lounge adjoins the East wing with the West wing and features double frameless, stackaway glass doors to enjoy the North views of the mountains and savanna and to the South a landscaped entrance courtyard.
- The West wing of the main house consists of a study. a library, an entertainment room, and a music room. The upper level of the West wing includes two guest bedrooms and a balcony.
- The first cottage consists of an upper level guest suite with a full luxury bathroom, kitchenette, lounge area, and balcony. The lower level of the first cottage is home to a fully equipped gym.
- The second cottage is a cottage for guests or the housekeeper with an en-suite bathroom, a kitchen, a lounge and a mezzanine deck on the upper level.
- The entertainment pool building consists of an outdoor entertainment kitchen, an undercover dining area and lounge, TV connections and built-in speakers connected to the home automation. There is a 12 Meter pool with a water clarifying canal which circulates over plants and rocks cleaning the pool water in a chemical-free way.
- There is a barn whose upper lever consists of two bachelor flatlets for the manager's accommodation. The lower level consists of storage for feed, the water purification plant with a Nano-filtration system, a 50 Kva diesel standby generator, and the 33 Kva solar power plant.
- The farm has 17.2 HA of water rights which come from both the mountain source and the Breede River. A 50 000 liter sump is filled off the main irrigation line and sent directly to 4 x 6000 liter tanks elevated above the house, excess water is sent to fill the dams.
Wildlife & Vegetation
The following game is included and estimated numbers are shown:
There are no land claims registered against this property nor any rural areas nearby.
R 75 000 000
Excludes VAT if applicableAgency Disclaimer
Enquire about this farm
Contact Peet Venter
+27 82 441 7118
Or fill out form below