Gorgeous 385 Ha Game Farm in the Vaalwater Region NEW LISTING
This gorgeous 385 Ha Game Farm is situated 230 kilometers from Pretoria in the heart of the Waterberg biosphere in the Vaalwater region, Limpopo. The topography is undulating with small ridges and the habitat is a mix of sweet and sour veld with a wide variety of trees. This game farm hosts a boutique lodge designed to provide its guests with an upmarket, yet comfortable bush experience. The lodge is fully furnished in a contemporary safari style and ready as a start-up business or as a large family home with plenty of extra accommodation for visiting family and friends. The overall architecture is that of contemporary African, created through the use of thatch and natural stone. The lodge has been designed to fit in with the natural surroundings while at the same time maximizing the bush experience. The well-spaced buildings, open-plan design, and high ceilings provide a feeling of both space and connectedness. The lodge has a number of living areas to cater to different needs and/or groups allowing you the choice for quiet contemplation, relaxing with friends, entertainment, or sociable gatherings. It is also well suited to celebrating special occasions. The 385-hectare farm is home to a variety of game and is blessed with a river that is usually full over the summer months. There are a few magnificent spots along the river to enjoy a picnic, watch the sunset or enjoy a candlelit dinner under the stars. The farm has several demarcated game viewing routes where you can experience the varied landscape and get sight of the animals, often near the watering holes, where the animals come in to drink. The entire farm is fenced off and within this, there are two game camps: 1 x 30 hectare fenced in and electrified game camp, close to the main lodge and 1 x 80 hectare fenced-in camp at the other end of the farm. The farm would be sold fully furnished with its farm equipment.
- The lodge has 10 bedrooms and can comfortably accommodate 20 people. There are 4 bedrooms in the main lodge which all have French doors leading out onto a balcony. Two of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms; one of which has a bath and double shower, the other has a jacuzzi bath and shower. The third bedroom is upstairs and leads onto a private balcony. It has access to the separate bathroom upstairs. This bedroom could easily be converted into a board room or a bedroom that accommodates lots of kids.
- There are 3 chalets connected to the main lodge by a stone pathway, affording a sense of privacy and space from the main house. Each chalet has a lounge area that leads onto a large bedroom and en-suite bathroom. There is a loft room upstairs that can accommodate two single beds or a king size and has its own en-suite bathroom.
- There is a separate kitchen that services the 3 chalets, this can also be used as a laundry room.
- Inside the main lodge is a beautifully designed central lounge, open plan dining room and kitchen, an outside veranda overlooking tranquil landscaped gardens, a cigar lounge and bar leading upstairs leading onto a balcony overlooking the wide-open spaces of the plains, on the same level, the large TV lounge with a separate sitting area provides the perfect space for the kids or to cater for the needs of different parties.
- The outside entertainment areas include a safari style lapa with a bar and dining area, two pools, one is a shallow pool that’s ideal for children or cooling off with a cocktail, a Boma that is perfect for making unforgettable memories around the campfire, the open space also provides a magnificent view of the starlit skies, a private boma style entertainment area that lends itself to intimate dinners or a cozy spot for an evening braai.
- A separate farm managers house (a few km from the main lodge) with 2 interleading studio rooms comprising a bedroom, bathroom and open living area in each. The house also has its own private boma area. This house could easily be converted into a spa or to provide additional accommodation to guests.
- A separate double garage (which was designed with the intention of being able to easily be converted into another chalet).
- Staff accommodation comprising 4 separate bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a communal kitchen area and lounge. The staff accommodation is far away enough from the lodge for complete privacy but close enough for easy accessibility.
- 3 storerooms, the main one being screened off with wooden laths.
- 4 stables and a tack-room.
Wildlife & Vegetation
The following game is included and estimated numbers are shown:
50 Blue Wildebeest
Various free roaming game can be frequently spotted including Baboon, Black-backed Jackal, Brown hyena, Bushbuck, Bushpig, Common Duiker, Leopard, Steenbok and Warthog , etc.
Tree life is absolutely stunning with some of the following trees: Brandy Bush (Rosyntjiebos), Buffalo Thorn (Blinkblaar-wag-\'n-bietjie), Common hook-thorn (Gewone haakdoring), Common Wild Fig (Gewone Wildevye), Large-Fruited Bushwillow (Raasblaar), Lavender Tree (Laventelboom), Marula (Maroela), Monkey Orange (Doringklapper), Red Bushwillow (Rooibos), Silver Cluster-Leaf (Vaalboom), Sweet Thorn (Soetdoring), Transvaal Beech (Boekenhout), Umbrella Thorn (Haak-en-Steek), Velvet Bushwillow (Fluweelboswilg), Weeping Boer-Bean (huilboerboon), Wild Seringa (wildesering) and Wild Silver Oak (Vaalbos) .
There are no land claims registered against this property nor any rural areas nearby.
R 20 000 000
Excludes VAT if applicableAgency Disclaimer
Enquire about this farm
Contact Peet Venter
Or fill out form below