Beautiful 2153 ha Game Farm in Marken area
This 2 153 ha game farm is located approximately 285 kilometers from Pretoria and South of Marken in the Limpopo Province.The topography is quite diverse and range from dense bushveld to open plateaus and mountainous areas. The habitat is a mix between sweet and sour veld with various trees like leadwood, marula, knob thorn, umbrella thorn etc.The are various improvements on the farm including a main house with two extra houses, a bush camp a guest cottage and lapas with lots of outbuildings and stores.This farm offers beautiful nature and majestic outlook points over the bushveld with a road that takes you all the way up to the top of the mountain.The farm has been in the family since 1976 and the owners relocated hence the reason for selling.
- Main house: Size: 11 x 14 meters Three bedrooms, two with en-suite bathrooms (bath and shower) Open plan living area with kitchen, washing up area, pantry and laundry Gas and electric geysers for bathrooms, kitchens and laundry
- Game fenced approximately 175 x 100 meters Four entrance gates Garden lights with night/day switches Big impressive indigenous garden with extensive sprinkler system Outside shed with sprinkler system pump and controls, also borehole with pump and various taps (5) around the garden Ponds, brick and pebble walk ways, paving Established orchard with the following fruit trees: various varieties of oranges, naartjies, lemon, lime, grapefruit, papino, avocado, banana, olive and mango. Chicken coop with chicken wire, shade cloth and corrugated iron Vegetable garden under shade cloth 20 x 5 meters Thatched store room with electricity 5 x 4 meters
- Double storey house 1 Size: 8 x 10 meters, built in 2000 Double storey (wooden staircase) thatched (repaired in Aug 2013) Concrete floor upstairs and downstairs Two bedrooms upstairs with balconies looking south. Bathroom in the middle (bath and shower) Aircon and ceiling fan in eastern bedroom Down stairs – open plan with guest toilet and kitchen Built-in cupboards with 4 plate gas stove and aircon One entrance door with security gate Telkom landline telephone installation (discontinued) Electric geyser Outside open shower with hot water Four parking spaces to the west
- Lapa and parking Size: 15 x 12 meters, built in 2000 Walls and wooden doors added in 2008 Thatched - needs repair Built-in fireplace, built-in bar and wash basins Tiled floor Electricity points On western side: 5 undercover parking spaces
- Double storey house 2: Size: 15 x 16 meters, built in 2005, kitchen refurbished in 2010 Double storey with thatched roof and concrete floor downstairs, wooden floor upstairs Solar geyser Wooden staircase to en-suite bedroom upstairs, ceiling fan and aircon Downstairs – open plan living area with kitchen and lounges. One bedroom (aircon) with separate bathroom Built-in cupboards and ceiling fans Fireplace Southern entrance - stoep with pizza oven and open braai area DSTV installation – dual view Northern entrance – paved stoep and outside wash up Kids play gym
- Guest camp Built in 2003, thatched roofs repaired in Aug 2013 Four double rooms with en-suite bathrooms (shower, basin, toilet) – each room 4.5 x 5.5 meters Electric and gas geysers Two bigger en-suite rooms – each 10.5 x 4.5 meters. Gas geyser. One bathroom with bath and outside shower Thatched roof with concrete floors Spacious enclosed thatched lapa/kitchen/lounge, size 8-10 meters, with build-in cupboards and granite table tops Ceiling fans Inside and outside wash up, gas geyser Outside braai area and plunge pool
- Store room / barn Size: 17 x 15 meters, built in 2005. Electricity with many power points Enclosed steel structure with corrugated iron roof and concrete floor Butchery with cold room, build-in wash basin, toilet with basin. Roll-up door to the east Office with windows and entrance door Two workshops with steel shelves Wooden staircase to loft / storage space Generator room with roll-up door Tank stand with two 5,000 litres water tanks – water for the homes, camp, selected garden taps Lunch area and toilet for staff Cement and brick water reservoir for garden sprinkler system and water points around the house Pump room for water pressure pump and pump to fill cement dam at Hobbelpad dam Two green corrugated iron store rooms
- Bush Camp – 4km east from the main house Built in 2005 Spacious thatched lapa (repairs done in Aug 2013) with concrete floor and braai area Enclosed kitchen with built-in cupboards, round table, granite counter tops and double wash basin Solar powered lights. Wood water boiler for hot water (donkie) Outside wash up 10,000 litre green water tank on 6 meter steel frame Five separate sleeping units Two shower units with basins (septic tanks) Three toilet units with basins (septic tanks) One separate sleeping unit nearby camp with bathroom (cold water only and septic tank)
- Farm workers living quarters Four brick and corrugated iron living units with electricity and outside taps Ablution block with wood burning boiler (donkie) for hot water Communal outside kitchen Water tank
- Seven escom equipped boreholes and one windmill and one borehole with Lister engine and the boreholes deliver from 1 500 l/h - 18 000 l/h
Wildlife & Vegetation
The following game is included and estimated numbers are shown:
40 Blue Wildebeest
Various free roaming game can be frequently spotted including Baboon, Black-backed Jackal, Brown hyena, Bushbuck, Bushpig, Cheetah, Common Duiker, Klipspringer, Leopard, Mountain Reedbuck and Steenbok , etc.
Tree life is absolutely stunning with some of the following trees: Brandy Bush (Rosyntjiebos), Buffalo Thorn (Blinkblaar-wag-\'n-bietjie), Camel thorn (Kameeldoring), Knob Thorn (Knoppiesdoring), Leadwood (Hardekool), Marula (Maroela), Monkey Orange (Doringklapper), Red Bushwillow (Rooibos), Rock Wild Fig (Rotsvy), Shepherd's Tree (Witgat), Sickle Bush (Sekelbos), Tamboti (tambotie), Umbrella Thorn (Haak-en-Steek), Velvet Bushwillow (Fluweelboswilg), Weeping Boer-Bean (huilboerboon) and Wild Fig (Wildevy) .
There are no land claims registered against this property nor any rural areas nearby.
R 23 500 000
Excluding VAT if applicable
Enquire about this farm
Contact Peet Venter
Or fill out form below